In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Bishop Kevin Vann has granted dispensation to all Catholics in the Diocese of Orange from the obligation of attending mass until further notice.
The Office for Worship is a resource for Diocese parishes, schools, offices and institutions with respect to music, sacramental celebrations, devotional practices and liturgical formation. The Office oversees the implementation of the Rite of Christian Initiation (RCIA): the process for children over the age of reason (generally 8 years or older) to become Catholic through baptism or reception into full communion (those baptized in another faith tradition who wish to join the Catholic Church). Other responsibilities include planning and coordinating Episcopal liturgies at which the bishop presides and assist the bishop in approving any renovations, remodeling or construction of churches or worship spaces.
Who We Serve
What We Provide
- Liturgical formation
- Workshops for liturgical ministries and music in multiple languages
- Formation for the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA)
- Networking opportunities for liturgy coordinators, music directors and RCIA coordinators and their teams
- Help parish leadership with liturgical renovation, remodeling or construction of churches and worship spaces
- Assistance when planning a liturgy where a bishop is present
- Guidance to parishes and the faithful for sacramental celebrations such as confirmation or infant baptism.