The X World Meeting of Families will be held in Rome for invited guests only June 22-26, 2022. In place of the public worldwide gathering, the Vatican is strongly encouraging that all dioceses celebrate the World Meeting by gathering families for a customized, local experience of formation, prayer, and fellowship. In the Diocese of Orange, families are invited to the following local events and programs to grow in “Family Love: A Vocation and a Path to Holiness.”
- Becoming God’s Holy Family: A Mini-Retreat for Families to Pause & Pray
- A retreat for young families
- St. Juliana Falconieri Parish, 1316 N Acacia Ave, Fullerton, CA 92831
- Saturday, June 18, 2022 from 3:00-7:00pm
- Cost $50 per family
- More information and registration at https://www.christusministries.org/events/holyfamily
- Camps at Santiago Retreat Center in Silverado
- Casados y Felices
- Un retiro pascual para todas las parejas
- La Purisima Church, 11712 Hewes St Orange, CA 92869
- Domingo, 10 de julio, 2022, 1:30 pm-4:00 pm en School Hall
- Para más información, por favor comuníquese con Ministerio de Preparación Matrimonial, Eric & Ana Vidal por teléfono 714-335-8883 o correo electrónico firstname.lastname@example.org
- Picnic Familiar Católico
- La oficina del ministerio hispano te invita a esta gran aventura catolica al aire libre. Tendremos oración, comida para compartir, recursos y diferentes actividades para toda la familia.
- Sábado, 30 de julio en Irvine Regional Park de 10am-3pm
- Para más información o ayudar como voluntario comunicate con Aidee Sanchez 714-282-3091 o email@example.com.
- Thriving Marriages for All Couples
- Inspirational marriage talk by Dr. John & Claire Yzaguirre
- San Antonio de Padua Church, 5800 E Santa Ana Canyon Road Anaheim, CA 92807
- Sunday, August 21, 2022, 1:00-3:30 pm in the Church Hall
- Cost: $20/couple, $10/person. Pre-register online and Walk-ins welcomed
- For further info, please contact Deacon Russ Millspaugh 714-974-1416 x115 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The theme chosen for the upcoming World Meeting of Families in Rome is, “Family Love: A Vocation and a Path to Holiness.” The World Meeting of Families (WMOF) will conclude the Year of Amoris Laetitia Family, a celebration of families in honor of the fifth anniversary of Pope Francis’ encyclical Amoris Laetitia. The celebration began on March 19, 2021, the day Amoris Laetitia was released 5 years ago on the Solemnity of Saint Joseph. The meeting will reflect on the spirituality of the family in light of the call to holiness expressed in Gaudete et Exsultate.
Can't make it to any of the above events? Participate from home within your own family using the ideas below.
Celebrate and grow in faith as a family
“We know that the New Testament speaks of 'churches that meet in homes' (cf. 1 Cor 16:19; Rom 16:5; Col 4:15; Phlm 2). A family's living space could turn into a domestic church, a setting for the Eucharist, the presence of Christ seated at its table." -Pope Francis in Amoris Laetitia, 15.
Try these ideas and tools at home to deepen family faith and strengthen your relationships with one another and with God.
The Gathering Box is an intentional, hand-crafted, and inspiring resource designed for families – just like yours! These boxes include everything you need to ignite important faith-filled conversations and create family traditions that will be passed down for years to come.
“The family that prays together stays together." -Fr. Patrick Peyton, CSC
Holy Cross Family Ministries invites you to be a part of an epic prayer campaign: 10 million people pledging to pray together daily. Start by watching the inspiring film, PRAY, about Father Patrick Peyton CSC, then pledge to pray as a family. The PRAY TOGETHER NOW Family Prayer Kit is available for purchase or use their free digital book.
Plant a Mary Garden
Cultivate and care for a garden dedicated to the Mother of God with your family. Be creative as you plan together and take this as an opportunity to begin or deepen a habit of family prayer. Family Rosary of Holy Cross Family Ministries provides a guide on How to Plant a Mary Garden with instructions and the history of this practice.
FamilyRosary.org provides more ideas and reflections on praying together as a family from Holy Cross Family Ministries.